Quantitative Imaging Solutions for Orthopedic Clinical Trials
Medical Metrics is an experienced provider of imaging core lab services for orthopedic clinical trials. Since 2000, we have evaluated more than 90 unique treatments for musculoskeletal disorders of the hip, knee, ankle, wrist, shoulder, small bones, and peripheral joints. Over our 12-year history, we have partnered with more than 100 orthopedic sponsors, including 9 of the top 10 global market leaders, to evaluate novel treatments for osteoarthritis, trauma, and deformity. Our image analysis techniques and consulting services have facilitated numerous product approvals, including several “firsts to market”.
Experience and Expertise
We specialize in providing objective, quantitative assessments of bone and soft tissue treatments from medical images. We use validated computer-assisted methods to assess common clinical endpoints, including cartilage repair, tissue integration, implant stability, joint re-alignment, bone density, and fracture fixation. Our quantitative imaging techniques include 3D cartilage thickness mapping, MRI relaxation mapping, joint space analysis, BMD analysis, fracture risk assessment, and tissue morphology analysis.
As specialists in the evaluation of osteoarthritis and cartilage repair therapies, we are experienced with common clinical treatments for musculoskeletal disorders including fusion, arthroplasty, resurfacing, grafting, scaffolding, and marrow stimulation. We use the latest imaging techniques and validated grading systems, such as MOCART, OARSI, WORMS, MOAKS, and Kellgren-Lawrence, to assess the severity of disease and the effect of treatment. Our proprietary computer-assisted methods and classification atlases help maximize the reliability of our assessments.
- Joint Arthroplasty and Resurfacing
- Joint Arthrodesis
- Tissue Allografts
- Chondrocyte Transplantation
- Tissue Scaffolds and Biosynthetic Implants
- Injectable Viscosupplements
- Ligament, Tendon, and Meniscal Repair and Replacements
- Fracture Fixation and Bone Void Fillers
We provide a unique combination of clinical expertise, awareness of the latest advances in orthopedic imaging, and understanding of current regulatory requirements and trends. Our core group of clinical and scientific experts is led by Dr. Timothy Mosher.
Timothy Mosher, MD
- Chief of Musculoskeletal Imaging and Clinical Director of MRI at Penn State
- Fellowship-trained in clinical MRI at Johns Hopkins University
- Over 15 years of clinical experience in orthopedic imaging and evaluation
- Recognized expert in quantitative MRI of articular cartilage
- Over 50 articles, books and book chapters related to orthopedic imaging
- Editorial reviewer for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, Osteoarthritis and Cartilage, and Radiology