Comprehensive Imaging Expertise for Neurovascular & CNS Trials
Medical Metrics is an experienced provider of neuroimaging core lab services for clinical trials of CNS drugs and neurovascular and neuro-electrophysiological devices. Our team of neurologists, neuroradiologists, imaging scientists, engineers, and project staff understands the complexities of imaging-intensive neurology trials. Our services include multi-modal endpoint consulting, quantitative image analysis, expert blinded image review, and consulting on data interpretation.
Experience and Expertise
Our neuroimaging portfolio includes investigations of the following pathologies:
- Neuro-degenerative Diseases (Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and ALS)
- Stroke, Anuerysm, and Neurovascular Disease
- Brain Neoplasms (Malignant Glioma and Metastatic Disease)
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Psychiatric Diseases (Schizophrenia / Schizoaffective and Bipolar Disorders)
MMI’s technical and operations staff includes PhD-level managers with experience in intra-cranial imaging and neurology trials, including:
- Matrix-, stent- and balloon-assisted coiling of aneurysms
- Neurovascular thrombectomy (clot removal) devices
- Anti-angiogenic and oncolytic virus therapies for malignant brain tumors
- Neuronal physiology and metabolite variation studies
- Tractography and white-matter studies
- Lesion, hippocampal, and brain volume/atrophy analysis
- Advanced quantitative image analysis for epilepsy, MS, and Parkinson’s
- Immuno-, Gamma secratase, and Tau inhibitor therapies for Alzheimer’s
- PET and SPECT analysis in epilepsy
We tailor treatment-specific endpoints to the unique mechanism of action of the treatment. Brain tumor studies, for example, include standard assessments using RECIST and McDonald/WHO in addition to advanced functional imaging surrogates such as permeability and perfusion. We also utilize proprietary methods for volumetric analysis and characterization of tumors, gray- and white-matter, and pathological lesions.
Our neuroimaging expertise includes the following modalities and endpoints:
Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- DCE-Permeability and KTrans
- DSC-MRI based computation of Cerebral Blood Volume & Flow
- Apparent Diffusion Coefficient
- Brain Volume and Atrophy Lesion Burden
- Perfusion-Diffusion Mismatch
- MR Relaxometry (T1 / T2 / T1r)
- WHO / McDonald / RECIST-based grading of lesions
- Brain Perfusion and Hemodynamics
- Ischemia and Infarct Characterization
- AV Malformations
- Aneurysm Analysis (Volume, Dimension, Occlusion, Recanalization)
PET / SPECT
- Glucose Metabolism
- Neurotransmitter and Tracer Uptake Studies
- Radionuclide Activity Levels and Counts
Our scientists and clinicians are experts at characterizing neurological and neuro-oncological treatments using imaging. This experience is available for development of independent image review charters (IRCs), image acquisition protocols, and interpretative reports on imaging outcomes.
Our fellowship-trained neuroradiologists and neurologists hold academic and research appointments at the Texas Medical Center and Penn State Milton S. Hershy Medical Center. Our team has contributed to the scientific literature in journals such as Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, NeuroImage, Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Annals of Neurology, Journal of Clinical Oncology, Journal of Neuroimaging, American Journal of Neuroradiology, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, and Journal of Neurosurgery.
Working with MMI provides the assurance of years of experience in neuroimaging technique development, image post-processing, image analysis, and scientific consulting on disease-specific treatments and endpoints.